What I do to easily switch between different DMD versions and libraries on Windows

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:14:08 PDT 2007

Don Clugston wrote:
> A solution to this would be to change the icon while making the junction.
> Anyone changed a folder icon before? Probably just an API call to set
> file attributes.

IIRC: you need to create an attrib +hs file[1] called Desktop.ini with
something like this in it:

[.ShellClassInfo]
IconFile=C:\Path\to\the.ico
IconIndex=0

Then you need to make sure the folder itself is just +r.

Then somehow get Explorer to flush the icon cache.

	-- Daniel

[1] Also make sure you remove the archive attribute, since this seems to
stuff it up.