libphobos as .so?

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Fri Jun 22 16:20:29 PDT 2007

Reply to Tom,

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to compile and link Phobos under Linux to a shared
> library.

> function _d_throw(Object) is declared extern(Windows), which gives the
> symbol a "@4" decoration. This means for a shared ELF lib that it is
> version 4.

are you sure you are building with the correct versions and stuff, IIRC D/Linux
and D/win32 use very different exception handling. If the common entry point
actually is extern(Windows) I would say this is a bug. throw is not performance
critical, wrap it in an extern(C) alternatively, why can't dmd/linux use
different names for the built-ins than dmd/win32.