Status of dmd's so output

Nicolai Waniek no.spam at thank.you
Fri Jun 29 05:33:20 PDT 2007

Hi guys,

Had to leave the D programmers community for a while now, because there was much
else I had to do, but am just rejoining the community, there's lots of stuff I
want to code in D :-)

So, when I last wrote something bigger in D, there wasn't the possibility of
producing working *.so files under linux with DMD, and I didn't (and still
don't) want to use GDC... So what's the status now? Is it possible yet? If yes:
yay! If no: is there any information on how this will be included?

Thanks,
Nicolai