Static operator overloads are possible why?

Giles Bathgate gilesbathgate at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 02:35:52 PDT 2007

Thanks sean you have answered the question in the subject line, I posed the question that way to prevoke a response. I agree that static operator overloads should be possible, my post is really directed at the issue of how one would use them.

e.g in my example for static operator overloads if t += b; translates to Test.opAddAssign(b); then where does the reference to t go? surely it should be Test.opAddAssign(t,b);