EXE? Anyone every written a D program I can execute?

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 18:03:08 PST 2007

"gerryscat" <gerryscat at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:es78lq$aj9$1 at digitalmars.com...
> I've been poking around, sure I see sample code, even a GUI library,
> great. Now, where is a program, written in D for Windows, that I can
> download and **run**? The proof is in the pudding (whatever that means).
>
> thanks

Oh come now, any old programming language can produce an executable file.
You could write functionally equivalent programs in pretty much any
language, but the real question is: which language do you want to program it
in?

Are programmers really going to care what the EXE looks like?  No.  Are
availiable EXE files a good indicator of the ability of a language?
Absolutely not.  All EXEs are are a measure of how many people are using the
language  (Which admittedly is still small with D.  But you have to start
somewhere!).