EXE? Anyone every written a D program I can execute?

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 13:53:00 PST 2007

"John Reimer" <terminal.node at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:esa5rr$1b3b$1 at digitalmars.com...
> I have to agree with the above.  It's the clear truth.
>
> But I imagine the need to "see" the binary stems from the same sort of
> psychological factor on which advertising/marketing preys.  It's
> neither logical nor objective.  But it's very powerful.
>
> This is one reason D will struggle to have any influence on the majority
> of
> users as long as it's main marketing is based on language qualities and
> comparisons: few, beyond language techies, will harken based on D's
> features and improvements alone. That's why libraries and applications are
> sometimes the single most important publicity piece (think Ruby on Rails).
>
> Only later do people start to realize the importance of some language
> features. Even then, most of the features are largely unnecessary or
> non-critical from the actual project's perspective; people may just grow
> fond of them for individual reasons.

Good points.  As a fan of languages, it makes me sad to know that this is
the truth, though.  Executives are more interesting in hearing about how
using a language will "increase their dynamic growth potential" or "effect a
scalable Web 2.0 XHTML AJAX paradigm shift" based on how other projects
written in the language have done.