new C bindings

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sun Mar 4 14:26:02 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:

>> Alternative bindings (import modules) for SDL / GL are available at
>> http://shinh.skr.jp/d/porting.html and http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/
>
> Schooner also has bindings/ports for OpenGL, GLFW, Freetype and FTGL. At
> one time there was a post about GLUT bindings too -- I think that was
> also from Bradley Smith.  So if you really want GLUT there maybe
> something out there you can use as a starting point.

Clarifications:
When I said "SDL", I meant SDL 1.2 and SDL_image 1.2 (+ some others)
When I said "GL", I meant GL/GLU 1.2, GLEXT 1.5 + GLUT 3.7, GLFW 2.5
(D bindings started by Pavel "EvilOne" Minayev, some five years ago*,
I redid mine from the C/C++ headers and added Mac OS X compatibility)

You probably want FreeGLUT now, though, since it has a better license...
http://freeglut.sourceforge.net/ (but not sure about D import modules ?)
Import modules for GLFW are being provided upstream with the C library
downloads, only moved it to gl.glfw and changed it to use gl.gl/gl.glu.

--anders

* See "DedicateD" http://int19h.tamb.ru/