ip claims?

Stephan Diehl stephan.diehl at gmx.net
Tue Mar 6 00:19:09 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Hasan Aljudy wrote:
>> Well sure it's legally correct .. (or well, who knows, maybe not ..
>> I'm not a lawyer), but that's exactly my point; why does it have to be
>> hard to understand if it needs to be legally correct?
>
> I'm not seeing what's hard to understand about it.

I'm not a native english speaker as well and I didn't get it right as
well. Over the weekend, I had asked some (non native speakers as well)
people, if they had a look at D and they said that they didn't, because
they thought, that the intention of this paragraph was exactly the
oposite: that by using D one would be Walters slave forever :-)
After rereading it, I thought, it would mean that, whenever I thought
that I would have a claim to any parts of D, I had to speak up
immediatelly (and not wait until there is some money in it).
So, basicly, yes, somehow, the sentence is hard to understand (for a non
native speaker)