playing around with D

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Tue Mar 6 15:51:47 PST 2007

Reply to Walter,

> BCS wrote:
>
>> Why do the static asserts get processed later?
>>
>> I'd expect that having them get processed sooner would make things
>> work nicer.
>>
> There's always that chicken-and-egg problem of forward references.

Ah!!

Wild thought: I know it's to late to do this for for DMD but, what would
the problems be of doing a lazy evaluation of the AST?
I'm thinking something like; process the declarations and statements in order
(starting at the module level) and when you find a symbol you don't know
about go looking for it.