digitalmars.D vs digitalmars.D.announce

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Wed Mar 7 10:41:05 PST 2007

Brad Roberts wrote:

> The client I use is perfectly capable of threading, but that's not the
> point.
>
> The point is that the announcement newsgroup isn't being used as an
> announcement newsgroup.  The purpose of having one separate from a
> general discussion newsgroup is to have a high signal low noise specific
> place for real announcements.
>
> It's not a difficult concept.
>
> Later,
> Brad

How about adding a digitalmars.d.announce.moderated that gets the main
posts and anything posted there get mirrored to announce where people
can reply. It might be useful if it could be set up as unmoderated but
so it wont accept replies.

OTOH

The only signal to noise ratio I care about it how many of the threads I
care about. Lots of them, it's the replys that I find interesting. I
guess I'm not seeing the benefit you are looking for.