try block portability?

Derek Parnell derek at nomail.afraid.org
Wed Mar 7 23:29:20 PST 2007

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 15:17:45 +0800, Davidl at 126.com wrote:

> i've seen reactos hacker suffer from PSEH thingie.
> and they use a macro to implement PSEH try block.
> the PSEH try block would looks like

Huh?  Can somebody translate that into English for me?

> _PSEH_TRY
> {
> }
> _PSEH_EXCEPT
> {
> }
> _PSEH_END
>
> this is a good idea since all try block code implemented
> in C. and it's more portable than
> try
> {
> }
> except
> {
> }

What is wrong with ...

  try
  {
    ... some code ...
  }
  catch
  {
    ... oops! something went wrong, so handle it.  ...
  }
  finally
  {
    ... All is well, so deal with that ...
  }

How does this not suit your needs?

Or is the 'scope' syntax better for you?

 {
   ... some code ...
   scope(failure) {... oops! something went wrong, so handle it.  ...}
   scope(success) {... All is well, so deal with that ...}

Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)
Melbourne, Australia
"Justice for David Hicks!"