windows d and 64 x86-64

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 04:21:37 PST 2007

Jakob Praher wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'd like to use d for some kind of system progrmaming project within a
> company that has to support windows 64 bit (windows 2003+) espesially in
> a VS.Net environment (so to say MS toolchain). I don't think I am able
> to pursuade them to switch to a mingw od cygwin environment.
>
> Has anybody of you used the dmd compiler in tandem with the VS.NET
> environment in a 64 bit environment.
>
> So to say: For instance build a 64bit dll with d and then link them to a
> 64 bit version of a MSVC application or PInvoke it using the CLR?
>
> Are there some expierences regarding this setup? Pleas share them with me.
>
> thanks in advance
> -- Jakob

DMD currently does not support 64-bit codegen.  Additionally, I highly
doubt that anything produced by MS' tools can be read by DMD.  It may
also be true vice-versa, but I've never had an opportunity to test.

	-- Daniel

--
Unlike Knuth, I have neither proven or tried the above; it may not even
make sense.