Solutions to the TypeInfo dependency injection issue?

kris foo at bar.com
Thu Mar 8 13:48:57 PST 2007

Derek Parnell wrote:
> One of the things that greatly impressed me was DMD's ability to quickly
> compile multiple files in one pass, rather than the make-like process on
> doing one file per DMD run. So when I came to write Bud, I made a lot of
> effort to ensure that I could compile as many as possible files in one call
> to the compiler.
>
> It now seems that you are warning us against this feature of DMD, in the
> case of creating libraries. This is extremely disappointing.
>
> I will add a new switch to Bud to force file-by-file compilation.

I don't see that as a hardship when buidling libs, since it perhaps
doesn't happen as often as "regular" builds (assuming, of course, that
this strategy actually resolves the underlying issue) ?

Having said that, the new switch will be *greatly* appreciated. Means we
can avoid having to create and maintain the damn make-files. Thanks, Derek!