digitalmars.D vs digitalmars.D.announce

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Thu Mar 8 22:40:45 PST 2007

janderson wrote:
> Personally I don't mind announcements being replied to however they
> often they do go off track.  Things like feature start being discussed
> ect...  Also there have been a few announcements that I would not
> consider announcements.

My main (and minor) issue is when, say, a new release of X comes out,
then the thread diverges into something about Y. People interested in Y
won't find it by looking at the thread titles, and google's search will
probably bury it, too.

The newsgroup archives are a very valuable resource, and having an eye
towards using a relevant thread subject line will help make them even
more useful.

This isn't a big deal, it just helps.

The thank-you messages are fine and good, and help keep us motivated!