ip claims?

janderson askme at me.com
Fri Mar 9 00:42:58 PST 2007

Jakob Praher wrote:
> Walter Bright schrieb:
>> Hasan Aljudy wrote:
>>> Well sure it's legally correct .. (or well, who knows, maybe not ..
>>> I'm not a lawyer), but that's exactly my point; why does it have to
>>> be hard to understand if it needs to be legally correct?
>>
>> I'm not seeing what's hard to understand about it.
>
> It is not as friendly as its semantics.
> At least for non native speakers it could leed to false impressions.
> I would also favor in transforming it into something more understandeable.
>
> thanks
> Jakob

It would be nice if there was something like, it big letters:

Code and binary outputs produced from DMD (the d compiler) and linker
are free to use for everyone however they see fit (individual users,
students, universities and companies ect...).  This means no payment is
required for use of DMD.  Both DMD source code and binary outputs may be
sold or put under any license.

D wishes to proflirate earth and the planets beyond, let us know if any
legal issues are holding you back. Email: legal at Digitalmars.com

Something like that anyways.  We don't want people turned away simply
because of legal mumbo.  (I am an English speaker, and that phase
confused me for a little bit as well).

-Joel

PS

[OT] I just went to Chris Hecker's talk on "animating creatures you've
never seen".  His talk was awesome!!! So was his apology :)  Spore may
be the best game ever made (well second to star-trek online of course
:0) )  Still I've gotta play it first when it finally comes out :)