digitalmars.D vs digitalmars.D.announce

Pragma ericanderton at yahoo.removeme.com
Fri Mar 9 09:37:31 PST 2007

Brad Roberts wrote:
> It seems to me that the .announce newsgroup is being used as much more
> than an announcement list.  It's essentially a second version of
> digitalmars.D.  What would it take to change .announce back to being an
> announcement only newsgroup?  It'd help keep the noise down for people
> who only want to track, uh, announcements.
>
> Sigh,
> Brad

Personally, I only have a problem with this when I cruise the group in "firehose mode" (list all by date).  I gave up
doing things that way about a year ago.  IMO, any of the D newsgroups are really only useful in threaded mode, since
there's so much happening simultaneously these days.

But as far as making .announce being post-but-not-reply only?  That might be kind of nice.

--
- EricAnderton at yahoo