Extended Type Design.

Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email) SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Mar 16 02:40:43 PDT 2007

sclytrack wrote:
>> IMHO (b) should be 'readonly' and (c) should be 'const'.
> [snip]
>
> vote++
>

> Keywords
> --------
>
> I also think keywords can be written attached to one another.
> Like if you were to really call it "super const" have it called
> superconst instead of super_const.

Yet you write static const not staticconst; public static not
publicstatic; static if and not staticif; and so on.

superconst came up too. But it creates a bad precedent. A healthier
precedent is to synthesize phrases, not new keywords, from the existing
keywords. Think of "static if" or "final switch". Very beautiful.

> It is like the foreach_reverse that we have in D. Why not
> call it foreachreverse instead.

Probably it's best to call it foreach reverse. It's unambiguous, easy to
parse, does not add new keywords, and continues another nice precedent
set by extern(language) and by scope(exit).

Andrei