Extended Type Design.

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 07:56:57 PDT 2007

> No, at first there must be 'D with macros' (like 'C with classes') and
> only then -- D++ :))

*shudder*

D already has templates.  it shouldn't have a separate macro language.  Having one indicates that the language itself somehow fails.  Templates *should* be sufficient.

Using the ++ notation for the language is dangerous.  It allows you to only upgrade once.  You can't have a D, D++, D 2.0 etc, it just doesn't fit, 'causing the language to completely stagnate.  Then someone else has to come along and invent a language E.

I think if we properly use 'const' to define something as 'not moving', and 'final' to define something as being 'unchangeable' then you can declare final const x and be done with it.

The simpler the language is, the better.

Sincerely,
Dan