Feedback on bug reports

David Ferenczi raggae at ferenczi.net
Fri Mar 16 10:04:40 PDT 2007

>> It seems that this request has been silently ignored. Rejecting would be
>> ok, but ignorance is more than disappointing.
>>
>> I would like to understand the reasons.
>>
>> Could anybody give me some short explanation on this?
>
> It's a one-man project, so the reason there's not much feedback is
> shortage of manpower.  It's just the way it is, we've all had to get
> used to this fact.  A one-man project that creates free products can't
> provide the same level of customer support that a commercial project
> can.  Hope this explains it.

Thanks, I agree. But I think it somehow also lies on the topic. There are
topics, which get attention immediately, and there are others, which never.

The point is, just like in case of bug reports, to get some feedback. Let it
be even a single line.

If you have a community around your project, it is necessary to communicate
with them. Or just define some rules, if you don't have time for it. E.g. I
don't answer mails, newsgroup post, except for...

The worst can happen to enthusiast users that they get ignored. This makes
also the recommendation of D questionable.

My suggestion addressed this kind of situation at bug reports. And the
impression is (maybe the truth is totally different) that nobody cares.