Extended Type Design.

mike vertex at gmx.at
Fri Mar 16 12:02:44 PDT 2007

Am 16.03.2007, 18:59 Uhr, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For
Email) <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>:

> Because final const and super const express very different realities.

*scratches head*
Oh ... I didn't know that final const already HAD a meaning.

>  From your email I see you are Austrian, so I'm surprised. :o) German is
> the most synthetic (as opposed to analytical) language in use, and has
> the admirable property of building precise terms by combining smaller
> polysemous terms.

Yeah, I'm Austrian, living in the land that has been named after the chief
 from battlestar galactica, so I don't really speak german :) We have our
own language, basically, that's why the rest of the german-speaking world
can't understand us. Like the people from Switzerland can't be understood
by anyone but themselves.

I like the idea of combining keywords to give them a new meaning, just
using "super" for two totally unrelated concepts worries me a bit. "scope"
for instance is great: It has two meanings, but they're completely
related. But using super once as a call and once as a sort of amplifier
for const seems kind of random. Also I can't help myself but "super const"
just sounds a bit ridiculous to me:

' super duper über const int i = 3; // Holy constant, batman!

Sorry :)

Anyway, I have no better idea, so go for it!

-mike