[OT] Re: Feedback on bug reports

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 20:08:10 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Daniel Keep wrote:
>
>> And the devs kinda shrug and say "we'll get back to you," and then
>> don't, or just say "because."
>>
>> And then the community gets pissy with the CMs for not doing their job,
>> which they really are, but the devs are still as busy now as they are
>> when they decided "we need someone to read the forums for us."
>
> I don't think that would be an issue with the D community, though, since
> our "customers" are generally not 12 year old kids paying to play a
> game.  I think most people here would be satisfied with a response of
> "Walter's too busy for that one right now but he thinks it's a
> (good|interesting|terrible|vague) idea".  But we can't even get that
> unless there's at least *one* person Walter will respond to without fail.
>
> --bb

What makes you think the people whining are the 12 year olds?  My mother
plays in a guild for, er... I can't say "older people" since my mum IS
NOT OLD (Hi Mum!).  Let's say, people who are of an age where they most
likely are married with kids. :P

Anyway.  No 12 year olds in her guild.  She *still* has people bitching
and whining about utterly pointless and trivial things.  They complain
that they don't get enough loot, about class changes, about
*everything*.  Age has nothing to do with being pissy -- I think that
people only get better at it as they get more experienced at it ;)

That said, the vast majority of people on this NG *are* mature, sensible
people.  Of course, once D explodes in popularity, leaving Ruby a
shivering, nervous wreck in its wake, I'm 100% certain that we'll get
more than our share of whiners...

	-- Daniel

--
Unlike Knuth, I have neither proven or tried the above; it may not even
make sense.