Failure to Descend

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Mon Mar 19 09:21:29 PDT 2007

Jari-Matti Mäkelä escribió:
> Jari-Matti Mäkelä kirjoitti:
>> Ary Manzana wrote:
>>> Please be patient. I'm currently working on showing semantic errors as
>>> you type by using DMD's code... and it's working! :-)
>> That's great to hear. Keep up the good work!
>
> Forgot to ask, does it handle type checking of templated classes too?
> That would be absolutely amazing.

It's in my plans. Currently when doing the semantic analysis on one
module I'm not taking care of symbols from other modules (that's the
hard part because it is a change from DMD to use the files in the
project, in the include path, etc.), but I'm taking care of symbols on
the same module. So if you have

SomeType x;

you get an error on "SomeType" because it's not found, even though it
may be in some other module. However if you have

class SomeType { }

SomeType x;

there's no error.

Transforming the "code - compile - see if there are errors" cycle into
"code - see if there are errors" is my goal, like JDT.

You can try this new stuff (warning: not all the semantic is done yet)
by getting a copy from SVN, opening the projects in Eclipse and running
the descent.ui project as an Eclipse Application.

Regards,
Ary