Extended Type Design: further examples

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Mar 19 16:29:31 PDT 2007

Derek Parnell wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:05:29 -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For
> Email) wrote:
>

> I wish it wasn't so hard to get a simple straight answer from the experts.

I think discussion would much improved if big changes like this actually
came with a detailed proposal on a website somewhere that people could
refer to and which would actually be updated to reflect vague points
clarified during discussion.  As it is, there are a lot of points that
have been clarified, and questions answered, but they're strewn across
100 different posts.  I'm pretty lost.  I gave up trying to follow this
myself.  I'm hoping you'll figure it out and post something coherent. :-)

On the bright side, thanks to Andrei, at least there *is* an open
discussion going on about the feature before it just shows up in the
change log as a done deal.

--bb