Queue in Tango

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Wed Mar 21 15:15:21 PDT 2007

BCS wrote:

> Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
>> Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email) wrote:
>>

>>>I need to use a queue. Does Tango have a collection that does the trick
>>>(unlimited size, O(1) push to front, O(1) pop from back)?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Andrei
>>

>> This question can be appropriatly answered in the Tango HowTo forum over
>> at the Tango website (http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango).
>>

> <rant>
>
> You assume that Andrei would be willing to use a web page based forum.
> In my case I'd rather figure it out my self than do that.
>
> reasons why I don't like forums:
> 1) it uses a web page to access it
> 2) I can't read the stuff without being on-line
> 3) gobs of bandwidth for stuff I don't need/want (formatting, images,
> etc.) 4) no "grab everything and show it to me"
> 5) no threading (it's all flat with no hierarchy)
>
> </rant>

No, I don't assume anything regarding what Andrei would like best, I usually
find NG much to my liking myself. But it is much more likely that a
question about Tango is properly answered in the Tango forums, than here,
because 1) the traffic there is always Tango related and thus unlikely to
get bypassed, 2) the content there is searchable in a Tango context and
thus easier to find for those who have the same questions, 3) D code can be
syntax highlighted, 4) we can use the Trac wiki features in the posts,
making links to tickets, wiki pages, making for a much more coherent and
easily accessible (as long as you have a browser and is online, admittedly,
but then you have to be online from time to time to read newsgroups too)
experience for those seeking information about Tango.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net