stdio performance in tango, stdlib, and perl

Derek Parnell derek at nomail.afraid.org
Wed Mar 21 17:25:25 PDT 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:11:56 -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For
Email) wrote:

> I was actually surprised that nobody noticed phobos' low I/O speed in
> years. It's a maker or breaker for me and many others.

Most programs I run that do lots of I/O only take seconds to run, so if
they run 50% slower or faster, not only wouldn't I notice, I wouldn't care.
Taking a sip of coffee takes longer than that.

That is why I haven't noticed. (Maybe I should continue working on my
mini-DataBase library project and give it a good "real world" workout <G>)

By the way, I do appreciate you doing this performance comparison and
improving Phobos' I/O routine.

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)