Differentiate const flavors using CASE?

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:20:20 PDT 2007

A "delegate" is it?  Don't you mean "function"?  "delegate"s are for classes, and I sure hope that 3 won't become a class.

If we're using functions as iterators, we'd have to use asm { naked; } to prevent ourselves from suffering call stack overhead.  Also, what of loop optimization?  I suppose it becomes implementation specific now doesn't it?

Well if that's the case, we're pretty close already.

There's syntactic sugar for this:

// inline this
char dansLoopy(char[] s, function x){

}
myString.dansLoopy(x);

Of course, you'd want to make sure x was inlined and didn't rattle the stack (iteratively calling a method 1000 times doing extra push/ pop/ push/ pop/ push/ pop)

Meh.