stdio performance in tango, stdlib, and perl

Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email) SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Mar 22 23:30:36 PDT 2007

James Dennett wrote:
[snip]
> Most of the time I do large text processing jobs in
> Perl or inside a database; once in a while I use C++,
> primarily if I need to do trickier calculations.
> No good reason D shouldn't be able to handle the
> jobs I use C++ for in this area (though I'd have
> to get D working on Solaris, and 64-bit support
> would probably be necessary).

Indeed. Then you'll be glad to hear that D will soon accommodate smarter
string literals and probably here-documents, all with interpolation,
which should make scripting jobs a snap.

Andrei