Automated page translation with Google

Max Samukha samukha at voliacable.com
Fri Mar 23 01:43:32 PDT 2007

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 02:08:13 -0600, Hasan Aljudy
<hasan.aljudy at gmail.com> wrote:

>Walter Bright wrote:
>> I've been looking into adding buttons to the D web pages to do automatic
>> translation to different languages. The trouble is, the google
>> translator also attempts to translate the code blocks, resulting in a mess.
>>
>> Is there a css tag, hack, or trick to convince google translator to skip
>> those sections?
>
>Seeing as how automated translation is horrible at best, might as well
>just drop the whole idea ...

Agree. Most automated translations are funny and unreadable for native
speakers (much funnier than my English writing). IMO, people won't
read them at all or have fun and go away. It's definitely preferable
to use translations done by native speakers.

BTW, google translator unacceptably distorts the meaning of original
Russian text (the translator is in beta, but I don't think it wil get
improved much).