too much sugar not good for the health

David B. Held dheld at codelogicconsulting.com
Sat Mar 24 09:45:57 PDT 2007

Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> [...]
> Man, I am the only programmer to actually (moderately) like the Java
> language? :P

I think for many people it's language envy because Java is so
unreasonably successful.  For others it's just plain language
parochialism.  I happen to think Java is a great language, and obviously
researchers love how easy it is to extend.  That doesn't mean I think
Java is always the most appropriate language or that it doesn't have any
warts, but the same is true for C++, D, Perl, and any other language you
can think of.

Dave