Automated page translation with Google

Jan Claeys usenet at janc.be
Sun Mar 25 08:22:20 PDT 2007

Op Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:46:24 -0700
schreef Walter Bright <newshound at digitalmars.com>:

> Hasan Aljudy wrote:

> > I don't think it's google that wrote the translation engines ..
> > it's probably some other company's 30+ years of work!
>
> You're right they bought it. But I think they'll continue to improve
> it, because doing it better can be worth enormous money.

The Systran software they have licensed (not bought AFAIK) hasn't
improved in any obvious way since the first time I used it something
like 10 years ago...

It's often usable if you want to get an impression of what a page talks
about, but IMHO technical documentation requires accuracy.

E.g., something like "Objets de classe d'Instantiating ailleurs que le
tas de CHROMATOGRAPHIE GAZEUSE" is complete nonsense if you are
talking about D.   ;-)

--
JanC