Standard exception hierarchy

Leandro Lucarella llucarella at integratech.com.ar
Tue Mar 27 11:09:38 PDT 2007

Hi! I was looking for any information about how D exceptions are
arranged and I couldn't find anything but this proposal:
http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=21456

Is there any standard D exception hierarchy? If not, I think it's a good
time to have one, because D is getting popular and people will start
making it's own exception hierarchy and that would be too hard to change
if D gets a standard hierarchy later.

I think there is a great experience on this on existing languages, and D
first have to decide if it want to have a small set of exceptions (like
C++[1] for example) or a little larger one (like Python[2] for example).

I don't really care too much on which way D should take, but I think it
should take one soon.

[1]
http://www.roguewave.com/support/docs/sourcepro/edition9-update1/html/stdlibref/exceptions.html
[2] http://docs.python.org/lib/module-exceptions.html