Error interpretation / Pop3Client

Wed Mar 28 09:06:41 PDT 2007

Dié wrote:
> Frits van Bommel Wrote:
>

>> Are you sure you compiled and linked the tango.net.pop3.Pop3Client module?
>> (A note for others who couldn't find that module: the Pop3Client module
>> seems to only be available under trunk/patches/proposals in the SVN
>> repository)
>>
>> If the above doesn't help:
>> What version of Tango are you using and what version of DMD?
>> AFAIK Tango hasn't yet been updated for DMD v1.010. I'm not sure if it
>> needs to be, but I haven't tried it either.
>
> "Are you sure you compiled and linked the tango.net.pop3.Pop3Client module?"
>
> In my test-program i have "import tango.net.pop3.Pop3Client;" and in Pop3Client ther is the POP3Connection class (this class extends Telnet)

That's not enough. You also need to explicitly compile that module and
specify the .o file on the DMD command line (or specifying the .d file
on the command line to compile it anew every time).
A tool like bud/build or rebuild will do this for you automatically, see
http://dsource.org/projects/build or
http://dsource.org/projects/dsss/wiki/Rebuild, respectively.
An alternative option would be to manually compile all the stuff that
build-*.{bat,sh} doesn't and pack it into a library to specify on the
command line. That may for instance be helpful with IDEs that aren't
aware of the build tools I mentioned above.

> List step-by-step of my installation (Windows):
[snip]
> Is correct if i think thet the cause of my problems is the not-corretly work ok build-dmd.bat?

No, I don't think that would cause this particular problem. However if
you didn't install Tango correctly that may cause some other problems
later on.

> I don't know what to do with this "Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D5tango3net4pop310Pop3Client14POP3Connection7__ClassZ"

As mentioned above, I'd suggest using either bud/build or rebuild to
compile your programs.