Predefined Version Identifier on Linux

Shan-yung Yang littleshan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 00:27:44 PDT 2007

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Shan-yung Yang wrote:
> >
> > But on windows almost all compilers use "WIN32" or "_WIN32" with all letters uppercased. Should D also use "WIN32" by this reason?
>
> The corresponding one would be "_WINDOWS". But that just looks so awful :-(.
Indeed. I'm often confused by those unpredictable underscores and capitals when writing C code.

Personally I agree with Carlos' opinion that version identifiers should be case insensitive, or there should be one single convention: either camel cased or adopting the corresponding macro in C. I'll appreciate camel case since the latter is often a mess.