stdio line-streaming revisited

kris foo at bar.com
Thu Mar 29 12:33:33 PDT 2007

> kris wrote:
>> Walter clarified, a long time ago, that D would evaluate chained-calls
>> from left to right. I suggest you ask Walter?
>

> As long as it's not in the language definition, you can't count on it. I
> think this is a language defect anyhow; I am lobbying Walter to define
> left-to-right order of evaluation in all cases.
>
> Andrei

There are apparently a number of things that haven't made it into the
"formal" language definition doc.

We've simply clarified such assertions, with Walter, along the way since
there's only so much one person can do (and only so much whining one
person will put up with). It would be great to have a completed language
definition, but sometimes you have to accept a virtual handshake instead