stdio line-streaming revisited

Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email) SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Mar 29 15:08:39 PDT 2007

kris wrote:
> Frits van Bommel wrote:
>> Yes, call-chaining can only evaluate left-to-right, but the parameters
>> *passed* to the calls can be evaluated in any order.
>
> That's not at stake here, as far as I'm aware?

My understanding is that it was brought up by yourself in an attempt to
explain that Cout("Hello, ")(Cin.get) will work properly. There was an
old thread mentioned, which deals with another problem entirely. So that
doesn't apply. Now I understand that argument has been dropped entirely,
and that now there is an argument that Cout("Hello, ")(Cin.get) works
due to some other unmentioned reasons.

Cout("Hello, ", Cin.get) would remain correct in any instance if it existed.

Andrei