How to debug in Visual studio?

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Thu Mar 29 17:18:05 PDT 2007

Patrick Byrne wrote:
> Lionello Lunesu Wrote:
>
>> The linker might not support OMF, but the debugger hasn't changed, I think.
>
> Same here. I can compile and run code in VS2005xpress, but I can't debug. Is this possible to do at all, please?
>
> Thanks

I tried to get this working a while back and came to the conclusion it
wasn't possible.   I think someone mentioned that VS2005 has dropped
support for the debugging info format that DMD uses.  But either way,
debugging with VS2003 was no treat, because everything D specific just
came out as longs and void*s.  CodeBlocks with ddbg is much better.

Or wait for the rumored VS add-in for D coming <real soon>.

--bb