stdio line-streaming revisited

kris foo at bar.com
Fri Mar 30 01:00:15 PDT 2007

James Dennett wrote:
[snip]
> Now, please just accept that I consider such attacks on
> a person to be inappropriate, that they meet definitions
> of "flaming" that are in common use in my experience,
> and that the quotations above show to my satisfaction
> that the post from Kris fell into this classification.

That's cool, James.

You'll also please just accept that I'll sometimes call things as I see
them? I've seen Andrei make "attacks" upon others, I've witnessed the
manner in which he operates, and I've been the recipient of his
'distaste' on several occasions.

It's not in my interest to take issue with anyone in particular, yet I
don't have much patience for stupid games either, particularly when
there's the smell of an agenda in the air. I called Andrei out, and you
don't like the way I approached it. I can, and will, happily accept
that. And, I do appreciate you stepping up and speaking your mind too.

If you'd like further clarification, I'd be glad to discuss it offline.

> I recognize Kris as a valued contributor to this
> community, and hope that these notes can be taken in
> a constructive spirit.  I'm just an interested party
> here, not trying to lay down the law -- but I've seen
> a fair number of newsgroup discussions and have some
> claim to an understanding of some of the problems
> that can arise and how to avoid them.

Yes, I fully agree