Automated page translation with Google

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 03:17:15 PDT 2007

Roberto Mariottini wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Ciao

It could be worse...

<being-silly>

We could always just write everything in RDF: that way machine
translators wouldn't have a problem!  And look at how *precise*
everything is:

"D is a statically typed programming language, and compiles directly to
machine code."

<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://www.digitalmars.com/d/"
xmlns:pl="http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/ProgrammingLanguage#">
<pl:type-system>static</pl:type-system>
<pl:compiles-to>native</pl:compiles-to>

"It's multiparadigm, supporting many programming styles: imperative,
object oriented, and metaprogramming."

<pl:paradigms>
<pl:ParadigmList>
<pl:paradigm>imperative</pl:paradigm>
<pl:paradigm>object-oriented</pl:paradigm>
<pl:paradigm>metaprogramming</pl:paradigm>
</pl:ParadigmList>
</pl:paradigms>

</being-silly>

I'm curious as to whether this sort of ambiguity is a problem for other
languages?  Is it much easier to translate *to* English than *from* it?

	-- Daniel

--
int getRandomNumber()
{