Newsgroups & Discussions

Georg Wrede georg at nospam.org
Sat Mar 31 16:00:23 PDT 2007

Alexander Panek wrote:
> Those who use and defend Tango, and those who use
> and defend Phobos (it seems). I really don't like this. It's, as said,
> not only a pinch of salt thrown into the NG, but a whole sack of salt.

Tango and Phobos are not competing with each other.

Walter needs and uses Phobos for DMD development.
The Tango guys are doing us (the D community, including Walter, Don,
Kris, me, and "you, the reader of this post", and the future users of
D), a great favor by creating the library that D will ultimately be used
with (both on Windows and Linux, both with DMD and GDC).

To demand that Walter immerses himself in library development (as in
Tango) would be stretching a single man's turf to beyond even Walter's
stride. So, the current dichotomy of two libraries is /good/ for us.

This is not G. Bush vs. the world, it is about D.