D Developers Conference

Georg Wrede georg at nospam.org
Tue May 1 15:50:40 PDT 2007

BCS wrote:
> David B. Held wrote:
>> Brad Roberts wrote:
>>
>>>     http://d.puremagic.com/conference2007/
>>>
>>> If you will be attending, please click on the registration link.
>>> There isn't an entrance fee or anything like that, but I do need to
>>> get a fairly accurate count of who will be attending.
>>>
>>> I'm looking forward to seeing you all there.. mark your calendars,
>>> August 23 and 24, 2007.
>>
>> Is there going to be any kind of podcasting or live video option for
>> those that can't make it in person?  It would also be cool if there
>> were like a remote-email-question-submission thingy available for
>> Q&A.  After all, the D community is quite global, so why not try to
>> make the conference global too?
>
> How about a special newsgroup:
>  "Post your questions, we'll ask the speaker!"

If the organisers were smart, they'd announce no podcasting. Such
announcements only tend to reduce the number of participants. ("Hey, why
would I pay too much for the trip when I can view the stuff on my screen
the next day?" Not all, but some (especially the economically pressed,
like students, smallest entrepreneurs, married folks, etc.) would choose
to stay home. Bad for business. The possible podcasts would then appear
as nice surprises to those who really couldn't come. (Besides, no use
committing to something one can't guarantee to deliver.)

OTOH, the "Post your questions, we'll ask the speaker!" idea is just
excellent!!