D Developers Conference

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue May 1 19:49:39 PDT 2007

Georg Wrede wrote:
> BCS wrote:
>> David B. Held wrote:

>>> Is there going to be any kind of podcasting or live video option for
>>> those that can't make it in person?  It would also be cool if there
>>> were like a remote-email-question-submission thingy available for
>>> Q&A.  After all, the D community is quite global, so why not try to
>>> make the conference global too?
>>
>> How about a special newsgroup:
>>  "Post your questions, we'll ask the speaker!"
>
> If the organisers were smart, they'd announce no podcasting. Such
> announcements only tend to reduce the number of participants. ("Hey, why
> would I pay too much for the trip when I can view the stuff on my screen
> the next day?" Not all, but some (especially the economically pressed,
> like students, smallest entrepreneurs, married folks, etc.) would choose
> to stay home. Bad for business. The possible podcasts would then appear
> as nice surprises to those who really couldn't come. (Besides, no use
> committing to something one can't guarantee to deliver.)
>
> OTOH, the "Post your questions, we'll ask the speaker!" idea is just
> excellent!!

Ahem.. you'll notice that I've not replied to the question yet. :)

As to the 'ask the speakers questions bit'.. Do that here.  Why do you
want to wait a bunch of months to ask a question when you could do so
right now, no waiting, no muss, no fuss.

To explicitly address the original question.  I doubt I'll be able to
arrange live broadcasting of the conference.  There's a number of issues
with that, the above being just one of them.  I hope to have recordings
publishable after the fact, but I haven't worked out the details of that
yet, though it's on my issues list.

Later,
Brad