OT(totally): I'm back

Georg Wrede georg at nospam.org
Tue May 8 12:47:45 PDT 2007

Regan Heath wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First of all appologies if this use of the newsgroup offends anyone.
> I just wanted to say "Hi" and "I'm back" and "Did you miss me", ok
> maybe not the last one.
>
> At this point some of you are saying "who is this clown?".  Others
> may be saying "Oh no, not him again".  I hope at least some of you
> are say "Hey cool, Regan's back".

Great!

I choose the last one!

And Erin is a nice name, say hello to her!

Come to Helsinki and I'll show you where Linux was developed and
introduce you with the guy who invented the name Linux.

"And that's not all:" imagine an over-the-top 2000 passenger ocean
cruiser in the Caribbean. Imagine the scenery is not the boring open
seas only, but an archipelago of a thousand islands that you can watch
slowly move by from the lounge bar on the 12th floor with its floor to
ceiling glass walls, lit by the Northern Night (at its darkest you can
still read a newspaper without extra light). Gift shops, liquor stores,
hair dressers, swimming pools, sauna, night clubs, pubs, solar decks,
... and instead of $2000 per night, it's a hundred bucks Helsinki to
Stockholm and back. (This has been an institution here all my life (50y,
dammit), and that's probably why all Caribbean super luxury cruisers are
now built in Finland. Oh, and incidentally, they move though ice thicker
than half of the Canadian ice breakers could handle. They're designed to
not need ice breaker assistance, ever. And, being three city blocks
long, at cruise speed, they make no waves! You have to see it for
yourself to believe.) Matches a trip to the Grand Canyon, hands down
(been there). And you meet regular people, not uppity new-rich tight-butts.

And in Helsinki I'll show you the cold war era nighclubs where the
actual James Bonds sat across the room from their Soviet couterparts.
And the Lutheran church that's dug in a granite cliff in the middle of
Helsinki, and the old town that's been in so many movies posing as
Moscow, St Petersbourg or a generic old Russian city.

georg