Install check?

Pragma ericanderton at yahoo.removeme.com
Wed May 9 08:39:31 PDT 2007

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> Nicolai Waniek wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I agree with you and as soon as I have some spare time (and a win32
>> machine under my fingers) and if you guys wish it, i'll write an inno
>> setup script for D so walter could package a Win32 installer. Inno Setup
>> is for free, but i'll have to read the licence so there are no licence
>> infringements.
>>
>> This could - of course - then be adopted by the tango team :)
>
> As far as I know, we already have an Inno Setup installer for Tango,
> bundling DMD. Feel free to suggest improvements though :)

I mentioned this further up the thread: Tango needs an "updater" that can be run to update your Tango installation.
Upgrading through the past two betas, has been kind of messy since the installer just wants to overwrite everything.

IMO, this would also make installing DMD compatibility releases a breeze.

--
- EricAnderton at yahoo