Module packaging

Thiago talexbh at gmail.com
Wed May 16 05:43:56 PDT 2007

Good morning,

it could be useful on D a packaging system like Python's 'dist-utils', and setting a default folder to put library source (i.e. phobos /src, etc...)?

I think a similar system could be useful on D, by reducing (or even avoiding) a lot of of -I flags needed to compilation and installation (just download the package and run a command like 'dmd-install'), and so on.

Someone could tell me if such system already exists? If not, its creation would be a good idea?

Thanks,

Thiago