Where do you keep your source? (was Re: Module packaging)

Justin C Calvarese technocrat7 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 10:55:03 PDT 2007

Julio César Carrascal Urquijo wrote:
> Anders F Björklund wrote:
>> Thiago wrote:
>>
>>> Someone could tell me if such system already exists? If not, its
>>> creation would be a good idea?
>>
>> See http://dsource.org/projects/dsss/, the "D Shared Software System"
>>
>> You can also use normal packaging for C/C++ etc. I normally install
>> the import modules in $PREFIX/include/d and the libraries in
>> $PREFIX/lib...
>>
>> --anders
>
> I think he refers to a standard folder where a library can be dropped
> and it's included by the compiler automatically.

Just for fun, let's take a survey.

I can't decide where to store my code. On my home computer I've been
using "C:\pgm\d\src", but on my work computer, I've been using
"D:\MyFiles\pgm\d\src".

I suspect at least one person is using "C:\dmd\src" (or something similar).

But I have multiple versions of DMD on my comptuer, so I guess I would
have to decide between:
C:\PrgFiles\dmd-1.000\src
C:\PrgFiles\dmd-1.007\src
C:\PrgFiles\dmd-1.013\src