Rob Pike's Newsqueak - some good concepts

Joel C. Salomon JoelCSalomon at Gmail.com
Sun May 20 20:37:16 PDT 2007

renoX wrote:
> That said I thought that the content of the presentation is a bit 'old':
> after all he was presenting 20+ old ideas.

Twenty-year-old ideas that /still/ haven’t gotten their fair use except
in one obscure (but wicked cool!) OS and one fairly weird and still
obscure embedded processor—anyone do any Transputer work recently?

Read Pike’s paper on the implementations of 8½ & rio; these are powerful
ideas that programmers deserve to have available to them.

--Joel