DMD in Gentoo

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Mon May 21 10:46:45 PDT 2007

Anant Narayanan wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>
>> A subset of dmd/license.txt:
>>      The Software is copyrighted and comes with a single user license,
>>      and may not be redistributed. If you wish to obtain a redistribution
>>      license, please contact Digital Mars.
>>
>> Did Walter ok this?
>
> The package is under the nomirror restriction, which means the package isn't
> actually redistributed but fetched from the Digital Mars FTP site on a per-user
> basis (upon the user's request).
>
> Regards,
> --
> Anant Narayanan
> http://www.kix.in/
>
> gpg --recv-keys 0EF6914E
> <anant at kix.in,gentoo.org,php.net>

Great.  The announcement that it's for a specific version is what
tweaked my concern as it's a key aspect of why Walter doesn't allow
redistribution.  He wants users to always get the latest release, not
have old releases living in the wild.  Does this package seek to always
get the most recent version or is it hard coded at those versions?

Later,
Brad