Book about D

Jason Gilmore jason at apress.com
Fri May 25 06:44:50 PDT 2007

Denton Cockburn Wrote:

> >> You mean like paper books...? Eww.
> >
> > Nah, these days killing trees is optional
> > so it would probably rather be a PDF file.
> >
> > But the book still has to be written first.
> > (printing HTML specification doesn't count)
> >
> > --anders
>
> Sometimes I do find it funny that they still make paper computing-oriented
> books.  Think of all the trees that die doing that.  But I agree, any
> decent book, possibly practical example driven.
>
> P.S. For any who knows Lisp, Practical Common Lisp was an amazing book.
> Something like that for D would be sweet.

Hi guys,

My name is Jason Gilmore, and I'm Apress' open source editor. We'd love to work with you guys on a D book. In fact, we're the publisher of Practical Common Lisp. :-)

Also could be a multi-author project, and we also publish several books under a variety of open source licenses, GFDL included (Dive into Python, The Definitive Guide to Qmail, and Pro Django among them). Regarding the paper-versions, while we still publish those old-fashioned things (lots of them), our e-book program is also quite strong and growing all the time.

At any rate, I hope to hear from you guys, feel free to e-mail me at jason at apress.com.

Jason
Jason Gilmore