Can we please have digitalmars.D.phobos ?

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Fri May 25 09:46:53 PDT 2007

Reply to Pragma,

> BCS wrote:
>
>> Reply to Anders,

>>> But Tango already has a forum ?
>>> http://dsource.org/projects/tango/forums
>>> --anders
>>>
>> And off we go again to debate the reason that NG's/forums are the
>> stupidest/only way to go for on-line dialog.
>>
>> As for me and my self, I will not use forums.
>>
> Oh c'mon BCS... /everyone's/ doing it. ;)
>
> Out of curiosity, why the strong dislike of the forum system?
[...]
> or is it more of the "my interface or the highway"
> disposition of the beast?

That's some of it. Another part is that NNTP just transmits the content,
forums send a bunch of junk along with it.

The main part though is that NG's allow much richer clients. With a forum,
no Internet connection right now == nothing at all. The client I use is just
fine running off line. Also it will auto check for new post, download them,
sort them, search them, go back and, in one fell swoop, get the last 65K
posts.

> The reason why I ask is I'd like to write RSS output for TracForums
> sometime in the future.  If there's actually some people that dsource
> isn't reaching for lack of an alternate interface, then I'm all for
> pushing up the priority a bit. :)

I would be interested, but I expect a lot of what I would want wouldn't be
obtainable from RSS (mostly thread stuff and what not). But I would like
to see somthing and would give RSS a try.