-debug and -release

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 27 12:38:18 PDT 2007

Manfred Nowak wrote:
> Sean Kelly wrote
>
>>  I think -release is probably a bad name
>
> Lurker probably has lurked at my other thread.
>
> I really think -dmc or -airy are good names.
> -dmc may stand for "DeMilitarized Code" also.
>
> -manfred

I've never really had a problem with -debug and -release; one enables
debugging code and the other strips out testing code for release.
Reading the documentation makes it pretty clear what -debug and -release do.

On the other hand, -dmc looks like it enables support for DigitalMars C
(which doesn't really make any sense), and my first thought when I saw
-airy was "...maybe it has something to do with birds?"

	-- Daniel

--
int getRandomNumber()
{